Hottest 100

January 19 2020

Share your votes / thoughts below.
My votes:
Foals - The RunnerFoals - Black BullGrimes & i_o - ViolenceE^ST - Talk DeepBillie Eilish - Bury a FriendBanks - GimmeBring Me The Horizon - nihilist blues (Ft. Grimes)Bec Sandridge - StrangerK. Flay - Bad VibesLastlings - I've Got You
I think Billie Eilish is going to dominate and Bad Guy is probably going to be #1.

Comments

• Sawadee

Sawadee

4 years ago

WTF ?

• RHP User

RHP User

4 years ago

LOL No it's not just you!

Pusscat xxx

• RHP User

RHP User

4 years ago

• RHP User

RHP User

4 years ago

Can I vote for Pink Floyd ?

• RHP User

RHP User

4 years ago

Quoting 'usebi'

When the next Hottest 100 of All Time rolls around you can. A few of Pink Floyd's songs have appeared in those.

• RHP User

RHP User

4 years ago

Quoting 'Azdaja'

Quoting 'usebi'

When the next Hottest 100 of All Time rolls around you can. A few of Pink Floyd's songs have appeared in those.
    I look forward to it.@60 I'm about done with JJJ, still a lot of good music but the American rap is doing my head in, *igger this *igger that, where's all my bitches. Fuck that. I could go on about the pommy stuff but I think you get the drift.Time for me to gracefully retire to JJ. Ok enough of my senile ramblings.

• RHP User

RHP User

4 years ago

I get you. These days I only listen to triple j at times in my car because all the other stations here are really crappy. A lot of the music they play doesn't appeal to me at all (yeah probably an age thing), but I do still come across stuff I like and which ends up in my playlists. I didn't vote last year and decided last minute to vote this year.
    I like double j and usually listen to that if I can stream.

• RHP User

RHP User

4 years ago

Chanel 200 on the telly.

• Mask_007

Mask_007

4 years ago

My neighbour, she look a bit like you... wowwwww she does have a amazing body...
    Definitely top100

• EarthQueen

EarthQueen

4 years ago

Too lazy this year

Couldn’t be stuffed, but if I did it would have featured Billie, Lana and that MallRat song Charlie. Yay the girls .
    I love all of Lana’s Norman Fucking Rockwell album.

I hope Billie gets number 1. I think she deserves it.

I like your choices, especially BMTH & Grimes. I have teenagers so we always share music . I like hearing new stuff ...even rap (sometimes)...which is on high rotation.

• RHP User

RHP User

4 years ago

Prediction correct

• usrightnow_Again

usrightnow_Again

4 years ago

I read this thread when you first posted it and thought I'd ask the opinion of one of the kids, they said, "oh dad, triple j is for hipster old people." Now, we're now both in our early fifties, so considered ancient, old is mid thirties to mid forties. I really only listened to triple j at work in the early nineties, '92-early 95, it went down hill from there, although, "old people" would feel triple j was at it's zenith mid to late '90's. . Personally, I don't like "Bad Guy". I thought "Dance Monkey" should have been number 1, it was the song of the year really. I kind of knew it wouldn't be though, because of the nature of triple j. Deserved better than fourth. Glad G Flip's "Drink Too Much" made it into the top 10, for me, it's the second best song of the year. Lime Cordial made it into the top 10 too, which was good. I had hoped to see Benee figure higher. She has such an absolutely captivating voice, it's sublime and she's got quite a few beautiful tracks. Well done for picking the number 1. . Mr. urn. .

• RHP User

RHP User

4 years ago

Quoting 'usrightnow_Again'
    I read this thread when you first posted it and thought I'd ask the opinion of one of the kids, they said, "oh dad, triple j is for hipster old people." Now, we're now both in our early fifties, so considered ancient, old is mid thirties to mid forties.
    That's so interesting, I've never heard triple j being referred to as an old people's station before! Seems that many listeners start to gravitate away from it after their 20s. I certainly don't know that many people around my age that still listen to it.
    Drink Too Much is a great song. So is Charlie by Mallrat - she does those sweet, wistful tracks so well. I did my vote very quickly, if I'd put more time into it a couple of my choices might have been different I think. I did like most of the top 10, although I find Lime Cordiale a bit boring and I don't really like the Flume song.

• EarthQueen

EarthQueen

4 years ago

Azdaja

How about the hottest 100 of the decade? Are you voting? Now it gets challenging ? What’s your picks and why? A decade is a long time and the music often defines a specific period.
    Hopefully you will read this my fellow music comrade.

My first throw in is Let It Happen by Tame Impala .
    Fun fact, it was my RHP theme song when I first joined . It was my motivation song for meets. Now it’s just my general life motto song .

• RHP User

RHP User

4 years ago

It's so bloody hard! I've started shortlisting but still have 18 songs.
    A couple that will definitely be in my final vote....
    No Place by Rufus Du Sol - the song that introduced me to them and still probably my favourite of theirs (Innerbloom is on my shortlist as well, such a gorgeous song)
    Every Other Freckle by Alt-J - the lyrics in this are so quirky yet so damn sexy, it makes me feel all...I don't know...squirmy when I hear it

• EarthQueen

EarthQueen

4 years ago

Yes

Definitely Innerbloom for me as well. I think I'm starting with the songs that stuck with me from events or memorable periods. Innerbloom was for released around the same time as my marriage breakdown. About a zillion tears shed listening to that song. I need a shortlist . It's overwhelming ! Keep me updated . Tossing around (so far)

Tennis Court - Lorde
    A Bring Me The Horizon Song not sure which ?
    Shake It Out - Florence and the Machine
    Mountain At My Gate - Foals

The more I look the worse it is 🙉

• RHP User

RHP User

4 years ago

Ok I finally got mine done, looked like this:
    Alt-J - Every Other FreckleRufus Du Sol - No PlaceMarina & the Diamonds - ShampainAWOLNATION - Sail (I had to add that one in, wasn't in their list)Safia - My Love is GoneThe Weeknd - Blinding LightsGang of Youths - Let me down EasyPeking Duk - Say My NameM83 - Midnight CityK-Flay - Blood in the Cut
    I went back and forth so many times and already second guessing on a couple, but I'm not sure I would have ever felt 100% satisfied just because there were so many others I wanted in there. Oh well it's done now!
    Interestingly, Blinding Lights only just came on my radar in the last couple of weeks so I didn't have it in my annual hottest 100 vote. I love it though, it's my current earworm. One of the best 80s songs not actually made in the 80s.

• EarthQueen

EarthQueen

4 years ago

Good job

I admire your decisive choice process.
    Meanwhile ...I'll be here for days , probably weeks🙄

Blinding Lights is a great tune, agree. Totally 80's.