Does it matter who asks the question?

March 02 2023

I’ve noticed in the forums that the tone of replies will be different depending on the ‘identity’ of the poster, be it an incomplete profile, gender, race, sugar dating requests, attached vs unattached, etc.

Does it matter to you, why?

Comments

• Obi1kenietzsche

Obi1kenietzsche

a year ago

Internet anonymity as the OP does not shield one from scrutiny and subsequent comment, and of course, subsequent comments by readers are similarly subject to
    If someone wants to be a dick and post deliberately antagonistic or obviously inflammatory questions/statements/opinions on the forums, then they should also expect to be held accountable for that, and taken to task occasionally. This should irrespective of all the various factors regarding profile details and the like, but it IS always interesting when the OP’s subject matter is not in the least congruent with their profiles.
    It’s a tough crowd here in the sandbox. 😊

• RHP User

RHP User

a year ago

I'd think it's the same as when you screen the profiles of people who have messaged you.

The longer you have been on here the better you get at knowing what profiles are fake or misrepresenting themselves.

So regular forum commentators will just directly call them on that.

• MsSuperFoxy

MsSuperFoxy

a year ago

Kinda: If you person hasn't put an effort into their profile how on earth are they going to put in any other effort into anything else, IE Posted forum topics, in the bedroom etc, yet they expect posters to take them "seriously".
    Many posters are not fools here, including you OP.
    Let's keep it real. 👏

Ms Foxy
    PS I'm quite happy to make sand-pies in the sandpit. 🥧

• RHP User

RHP User

a year ago

Men are treated as pests until proven otherwise

• Flirty2020

Flirty2020

a year ago

How can the “tone” of what one writes in here, give any clues as to one’s identity and gender?

The written word is often misconstrued and therein lies the problem.

If English is not one’s “mother tongue” this may impact on the tone and may result in the recipients getting the wrong meaning & impression and reacting in completely the wrong way and not as the OP intended.

Who is writing this message ? Mr or Mrs Flirty ? And does it really matter?

• RHP User

RHP User

a year ago

I wrote a long comment to this really AWESOME forum post Nightingale8 . . . but in writing it I realised how often these forum posts are used to validate how individuals see themselves, and I’m as guilty as the next person of that. So I deleted the comment..
    So instead, I’m going to share this utterly brilliant article about how the internet is shaping and then reinforcing stereotypes and how over time, that exposure intensifies toxic prejudices..
    https://study.com/academy/lesson/how-prejudice-discrimination-are-perpetuated-online.html
    And to answer your question, Nightingale8, if the “it” in your question is referring to the bias that people are showing by not being more tolerant in their “tone”, then I’d have to say “Yes. Yes it matters to me. Although I’m far from perfect, and can still benefit from ‘tempering’ my own words from time to time, it does scare me to see some toxic and increasingly dangerous social norms being reinforced again and again in this forum. Unchecked. Unapologetic. Reinforced by others. It all matters”.
    Thank you for asking the question.

• Sawadee

Sawadee

a year ago

Yes ' l noticed the style of grammer can change quite noticably in some profiles.. Do l think it matters ? Yes ' you think your talking with one person when it suddenly dawns you're not ? I find that deceitfull ..

• RHP User

RHP User

a year ago

The forums can be a bit like Mos Eisley spaceport at times for newbies. Especially new males genuinely wanting to understand who the whole place works. Lots of judgement based on who came before.

A tough skin is required to survive which shouldn't be the case on any forum really but it is what it is. Some of the more jaded regs can have a piss poor attitude that spoil it for newcomers at times which is unfortunate for the ones who are innocently asking questions or trying to be playful.

• Mrs_Deep_Love

Mrs_Deep_Love

a year ago

The forum is supposed to be a bit of light entertainment.

• EarthQueen

EarthQueen

a year ago

I don't care who asks the question as long as its not about dogging.

• madotara69

madotara69

a year ago

Some people ask questions to find some friends, one friend can matter, profiles list the sexual enjoyment with new friends finding each other, in a lifetime a handful of friends is worth the thousands who hopefully found theirs and even one friend matters, if one person in a lifetime matters, then there is two friends that matter, so yes it matters who asks the question, maybe we all matter, some will invest emotions, risk sharing themselves, whether the negative venting and insults intended by some and understand some people are ill and if one person who is I’ll and answers the question, does it matter if that one person matters and then does it matter who asks or who answers matter, yes because caring heals I’ll health and healing even one person matters how many people in answering this question matter ? Every one does.
    What was the question sorry, Dreamtime helps to find answers to the meanings and meanings teach us to understand some things are things and none of those things matter, just one person means everything is nothing and understanding one person means that finding the best in them is the answer, just one person asks the question matters if the answer matters, understanding it’s a person, not a thing and things don’t matter only who.
    Sorry what was the question?

Mado
    Mado Tara xx

• Libertine001

Libertine001

a year ago

Just to keep things lighthearted. Check out the link to know what each sex goes through.

https://youtu.be/pInk1rV2VEg

Libertine

• Lostyanumber

Lostyanumber

a year ago

From 49 comments down to 44 & back up to 53...
    Ya get that. 😜

• MsSuperFoxy

MsSuperFoxy

a year ago

*Looks around* 🫡🧐
    Where did OpenmindedLass go too?
    I enjoyed reading her posts.

Ms Foxy
    *Heads back to making sand pies.
    🐈 💩 🥧 🥧

• Obi1kenietzsche

Obi1kenietzsche

a year ago

A good example of why people comment the way they do on here might be found by perusing the recent “Glory Hole Sydney” post. 🤔

• Obi1kenietzsche

Obi1kenietzsche

a year ago

And further to that, raises the question of whether one should have to be verified in order to start a topic.

• Lover_Boytoy

Lover_Boytoy

a year ago

Unfortunately it is different.

• RHP User

RHP User

a year ago

I think the men don't comment what they really think and instead comment what they think women want to hear.

• RHP User

RHP User

a year ago

The answer would entirely depend on whose asking. Which answers your question (by me at least).

I'll respond to a post before I'd reply to a message though.

• coolnhotnok

coolnhotnok

a year ago

the answer to this is a no-brainer. I've answered women very aggressively because I didn't see that a woman had asked the question & thought it was a man had - i.e. I answered what I thought was a question posted as another man. When I re-read my response, I was like "omfg, I'm so sorry! You're a woman! This would have been my response!" Funny thing is that z ladies (that, for some inexplicable reason appear to be just humans after all) seem to respond very positively to me saying what I think!

• Lullah

Lullah

9 months ago

Generally, who asks the question doesn't matter as I haven't met anyone who posts in the forums and even though there seems to be mostly genuine people posting, I have no idea who they are, so I guess we are all strangers. I have often found questions asked along with replies informative, sending me off looking up things I never knew about, we are never too old to learn something new, it could also be said that there are times it depends on the question and the reason for it.

I once posted a topic and was asked a question by a regular poster (Poster A) that began with Lol, and a regular poster's (Poster B) name, who at the time had wisely taken a break from RHP, followed by a question mark. I read the question in the context I thought it was written and answered accordingly in a positive way and was glad that the poster got a laugh from my reply. At the time I made the presumption the question was humorous in its context, it turned out I was way off the mark as there were continual ambiguous digs in several comments, once I connected all the dots I responded in jest to call out the bullshit of Poster A, my comment disappeared then resurfaced and from there things went up shit creek.

The narrative and hearsay/gossip that followed were farcical as were the queries and as things progressed it became apparent that Poster A believed I was Poster B, and that Poster B had piggybacked on the back of a topic Poster A had posted. It was even put forward that both my communication style along with Poster B's were much of a muchness, no idea how that conclusion came about, as we are both individual and unique in regards to our communication styles.

I do recall that before Poster B wisely took a break, there were lots of clashes involving quite a few posters including both posters A&B and a lot of shit hit the fan with some not getting along anymore at the time, including posters A&B. I can only guess that that was the reasoning behind Poster A concluding I was Poster B, with regard to the question at the beginning of the scenario it seemed that someone got a bee sting stuck firmly in their buttcheek resulting in a dummy spit.

In the beginning, there were what appeared to be supportive responses, but my presumption was way off the mark once again. Those supportive responses were disingenuous, which got me thinking if no one had involved themself, "Where would the scenario have headed?" In regard to the counterproductive support, refraining from any involvement would have been a better option. The saying, too many chefs spoil the broth, comes to mind.

What I found so ridiculous about it all is that apart from RHP and many platforms that have forums, people quite often post topics with a similar theme, in my case, I didn't think mine was similar but someone had a different take on it because of being ticked off with somebody who wasn't around at the time. So yes the tone of the replies was connected to the identity of an absent poster.

What I believe is that there were more layers to the scenario with a history I knew fuck all about, I just happened to be the latest one at the time to step onto a cat turd.

It would have been a good thing to have stopped and gotten myself out of the hamster wheel, cleaned that shit off my shoe, and then stepped away from the shit show, taking a break from RHP.
    I do know others have got themselves stuck in the RHP hamster wheel and since being here I have seen things get very heated with plenty of cat shit hitting the fan resulting in topics being deleted as well as many comments, though I must say these days it has toned down a lot.

Due to the dummy-spitting, I think it's fitting to name the scenario Dummygate. I didn't coin Dummygate it is
    courtesy of an article about David Beckham.

• RHP User

RHP User

9 months ago

It’s because the overwhelming majority of people here don’t have the courage to one be themselves and two allow others to be themselves without taking the opportunity to weaponising there honesty.
    Just the way it is.