Why block without a simple polite reply?

November 30 2022

Hi All,

I am quite confused with what seems to be an overly keen use of the ‘block’ functionality on this site.

I totally understand why it exists, but I am also fairly confident that when I reach out to somebody it is respectful, and time taken to consider their profiles, criteria, etc. It usually provides some insight into me in line with my profile, and asks some questions at times in line with their profile.

Yet of late, it seems there is a spate of blocks….and with the system you don’t know who has blocked you, which I think is a flaw.

So I ask the ladies here:
A) why so quick on the block button without a simple sorry not interested reply- can set that up as quick reply

B) When your profile is quite forward, has revealing photos and write up, why is a guy automatically blocked for a reply? And truthfully, I am a mature, level headed and respectful guy, so I am not degrading anyone or saying things in a message that would offend.

When you read some of the other issues some ladies are having with comments, etc, maybe a helping hand to us guys every no and then would help and create a better env for all. We are not able to meet some of the wants/needs of users of the site here without some guidance…..any assistance here would be greatly appreciated.

A) when

Comments

• RHP User

RHP User

a year ago

I have always thought internet dating is like looking at a woman on the street / her profile. She looks at you / your profile.

You might approach / send an email.
    She might stop and have a chat / send an email back.

She might turn the other way / not send an email, block you.

That's life. Not a big deal.

• RHP User

RHP User

a year ago

I realize I'm not a lady but they might be dudes posing as females and not interested in receiving messages or what not. So it could be something like that.

In other cases id just put it down to if you made a nice message and received nothing back or a block it's pointless to waste further energy worrying about something that was never going to be in the first place.

If you expect a reply just because you made a nice message then that's bordering on an entitled attitude and is not going to win you any fans.

Far easier just to move onto the next fish...

• Rising_Phoenix

Rising_Phoenix

a year ago

I do it because of the amount of times I’ve replied nicely with a no and got questioned about it or told that I’m on a sex site so I should put out.
    Also if someone clearly hasn’t read my profile I’m quick to block.
    The jerks of the site ruin it for all of us a bit by thinking it’s some kind of smorgasbord of desperate sluts who can’t say no, after dealing with that a few times you tend get a bit block happy.

• MnauMnau

MnauMnau

a year ago

I know the questions are for ladies, but...
    Just get used to it and move on and don't take it personally. Your RHP life will be better.

I do write nice polite messages, no rudeness, no di.k pics.and I'm Within their criteria.
    No responses, or message being read, or instant block.
    Why? I don't ask the question anymore.
    Does it bother me? Nope.
    However, the annoying BS is, when they say in their profile / singles and couples /,
    "we ALWAYS reply, just say hi"
    well some of my messages have not been read for past few months or just ignored.

Yeah, just leave it and move on to next one. It's not worth the stress.

• FeistyFatty

FeistyFatty

a year ago

I block those that I don't wish to communicate with or view my profile. I do still reply and explain the mismatch or lack of attraction (even though most of the time it's glaringly obvious)... Wish them well in their adventures...... Send and block.

As others have stated I grew weary years ago of responding then getting a guilt trip as to why I should change my mind and "give them a go". As a solo, I'm here solely for my pleasure, and make apologies for that.

Best of luck and hope this explains at least one females take on the "Block and Forget" responses you may be getting x

• Margo_Lover

Margo_Lover

a year ago

You would be surprised how many times Margo sends a message to a guy and gets no reply.

Plus the majority of messages we send as a couple are ignored. They are thoughtful messages, sent to people we match with, crafted after reading the other parties bio. Being ignored and/or blocked is the standard for online dating, no matter who you are it seems.

OTOH, the messages Margo gets from guys... 95% are a complete waste of time. They haven't read her bio. Most of the rest may have read her bio, but still make it obvious they have expectations of a sexual nature, on a first date. So they have no chance of getting that date. Some then come back and attack her, for being on RHP, but not putting out on a 1st date.

Yeah, it's not easy for anyone in the online dating space.

- Alex.

• RHP User

RHP User

a year ago

You learn pretty quick that this place suits r-strategists over K-strategists. If someone is here to get sex and they also a life outside of the pie brutal culling of non-promising leads is neccessary to prevent this becoming an unsustainable time sink.

She decided she was never interested in having sex with you and did you and yourself a favor by not wasting anymore time on you, take it as a compliment. Newcomers either give up and leave or harden their egos against this new style of human interaction but it only took me 2 "thanks but no thanks" to realise that rejection is rejection, nice words doesn't actually make it feel any less shit so might as well optimize for time/key stroke efficiency with the block and forget method.

• RHP User

RHP User

a year ago

power trippers, what ever floats their boat

• MsSuperFoxy

MsSuperFoxy

a year ago

There is nothing to be confused about. If you reach out and send a message, the receiver has choices; "ignore" or "chat".
    Simple really.
    Do you really care if a profile has blocked you?
    You haven't met them. Be blessed, move on.
    Life is bliss, with no expectations or pressures.

Ms Foxy

• countrytouch82

countrytouch82

a year ago

Back when I was hosting larger events, being randomly (no real reason) blocked meant that I couldn't communicate with individual profiles, to send an invite, particularly when they had actually expressed an interest in an event. Just one side effect of a prior blocking spree.

• Mysteryguy69

Mysteryguy69

a year ago

Thanks everyone, I have taken all your advice on board.
    Thanks to the ladies who have been able to share their thoughts on why, and for the guys….thank you for sharing.

👏👏❤️

• teamaj2

teamaj2

a year ago

Why do women block? Obviously because they can . We all have freedom of choice to navigate this website and life for that matter, as we deem fit .
    It may seem harsh or unnecessary but as was already mentioned it saves getting an angry rebuttal , someone asking why they aren’t suitable or someone trying to convince us they are what we seek . We always reply to messages ( that contain more than three words and show that our profile has been read ) . That’s just us .
    Your feelings are valid they are your thoughts on the matter . I ( we ) don’t take it personally . We’ve not met these people , we haven’t a relationship with them and we have no expectations.
    It may seem to you that you are what they seek for whatever reason blocking you may seem rude but it’s a no thanks .
    Good luck . Ax

• SAM_ANISSA

SAM_ANISSA

a year ago

Personally I do think just blocking someone is rude but on numerous times I have message saying “we are not interested at this stage but thanks so much for your message” and I have been told disgusting things as a response back
    so half the time I can understand why people would just block and save themselves the trouble x A

• RHP User

RHP User

a year ago

I only block those that are disrespectful, crude, don't bother to write in the English way not a teenagers text. And if it's a vulgar "let's F#$#" then be gone you fool. In my case I am a woman that wants to to feel like the Roman Goddess I am. Well maybe not goddess but I am a passionate Roman Woman and we Italians love seduction

• ppiffle3934

ppiffle3934

a year ago

I have rarely used the block feature, except as some have expressed you send a polite reply saying thanks but no thanks and get abuse in return. I think some use it to “weed out” the profiles they are not interested in. The newer feature of chat or ignore when receiving a message may also be the reason. I think but am not sure that if you choose ignore it not only removes that person from your messages but may also block them? I’m sure more knowledgeable members of the forum could enlighten on this

• TheMinx

TheMinx

a year ago

I always reply politely as it's not in my nature to be pen nasty angry replies. Even dic pics I will comment something that is above their intelligence so they usually block me 🤣.

Personally you probably have dodge a bullet if you are getting blocked it says more about the person blocking then blocker.

Side note the old work bathroom selfie is not probably going to get women going 🙄

• Flirty2020

Flirty2020

a year ago

Because more often than not, the person who sent you the unsolicited message has not read your profile wording and is not compatible.

Many then become abusive when you turn them down and tell them “thanks by no thanks . Not interested” .

It is this often easier ( and less stressful ) to block them, as opposed to having to receive a barrage of verbal abuse & threats.

• Kattere_70

Kattere_70

a year ago

There’s a hell of a lot of blocking on this site 😳

• kickingaround

kickingaround

a year ago

I've had a profile here since 2004, most of the time I try to reply with a thanks but no thanks if that's what I'm feeling... but after a while the same guys were coming back

So now I give them a while to read that then block them so they can't come back again later to check that I haven't changed my mind

I also occasionally bulk block a set of smokers or people outside my age range that come up as me matching their criteria if I'm sitting around on my commute to work and bored, save them the trouble of messaging me when they have one of my deal breakers

• melbcpl01

melbcpl01

a year ago

We use the block button when single guys message us as it clearly shows they never read our profile in full or they think that we would make a exception for them and they boast how good or big they are
    Nice or crude messages will never get a reply and earn them self a spot on the block list

• RHP User

RHP User

a year ago

There is no option to just "unmatch"

I get unsolicited messages from a lot of people - that's fine, that's the whole point. But if I send a message back to everyone I'm not interested in, then wait to make sure I have seen it before I block them (ie keep my in box tidy) then I'm wasting a lot of time and also risk getting into an emotionally draining "discussion" about why I should give them a chance.

To me, blocking is the same as unmatching on any other app. And it happens way more frequently as rarely any of the messages I receive in the first place are a consequence of me showing any interest.

• RHP User

RHP User

a year ago

I always used to reply to all messages sent …. Until, when I said I wasn’t interested I got multiple messages after asking why?
    I think not interested is enough said but it seems not…. Now if I get any extra I block

• RHP User

RHP User

a year ago

Talking from our point of view.....if I could block EVERY single guy on this site I would....why would I do that....simply because we aren't interested in having a single guy in our setup....some single guys can't read many profiles specifically say no single males and yet they will still contact you. There are girls and couples and enough of them looking for singles guys....so why harass the girls and couples who aren't looking for single guys?...and even send friend requests mind you. Is it a forbidden fruit kind of scenario??....you want something you can't have??...if a profile simply says NO SINGLE MALES....then don't even say hello....no matter how respectful you are....time is of the essence....we personally don't have time for chit chat....its unfortunate in this lifestyle single males don't have a good reputation and I know its the minority that spoil it for the majority but excuse my terminology but there's pigs put there. That when at a function also don't understand NO MEANS NO....and ASK BEFORE YOU TOUCH....oh and keep it in your pants till you going to use it......these simple failures have plagued the lifestyle for as long as I've been it...and I guess it's not changing anytime soon either. We now only attend couples and single girl events....just to save losing my shit and drama created by a single guy who just can't help himself....oh and if you think this is a kick the single guy in the guts post....not at all....we have experienced "coupled " males who wander around venues on their own without their partners acting just as bad as some single men do.

• RHP User

RHP User

a year ago

I think it’s because there are so many guys trying their luck so people just hit the block button because we can’t be bothered replying 50 times a day when your profile says clearly your not interested in guys.

• Sandle90

Sandle90

a year ago

Are you sure it’s a hard ‘Block’ I keep my profile hidden at all times (unless viewing someone) and that looks like a block but isn’t?

• CandiCrush

CandiCrush

a year ago

I don't block until I have spoken with the person...... but do understand why women block straight away as I have been on the receiving end of abuse and foul language for politely declining.

Just keep looking and you'll find those adorable little minxes 💋

• RHP User

RHP User

a year ago

Here’s why. I would say a third of the time when we write a respectful ‘Thanks for the interest but don’t think we’re a match’, the guy then either proceeds to be rude or insecure — ‘As if I’d be interested anyway!’ — or wants to get into a debate about it — ‘Why don’t you want to meet? Can’t we just chat for a bit’ — or just continues to message every week on the off chance you might have changed your mind.

These interactions get very tiring and so it can be tempting to just block if you don’t have the energy.

• VanillaNoMore4us

VanillaNoMore4us

a year ago

I block when I get a friend request from someone I’ve never chatted with.
    If you read our profile it clearly says not to send friend requests.
    So, if One gets sent, it’s obvious they either can’t read, don’t read, or ignore.
    3 reasons to block.

• lee2145

lee2145

a year ago

It's life. Yeah women can have all the revealing photos up they want, but if they don't want to engage at all they don't have to. It's just how it goes, and same foe the men too. If they don't want to they won't... me personally, the block button is my best friend on here since some ppl don't take the hint...

• RHP User

RHP User

a year ago

This is my third time on the site and I’ve had mixed experiences the first two times but I remain positive. As someone said you either give up, which I’ve done, twice, or you grow thicker skin (working on it!). I don’t tend to block but I sometimes manage the influx of messages by setting my profile to invisible… to the other party it looks like they’ve been blocked. I don’t reply to all messages because I just don’t have the time and some messages don’t deserve a response. I used to think blocking was rude and I’d consider how the person on the receiving end felt. Not anymore. I’ve too often considered other people’s feelings only to be met with rudeness.

• sensualsavana

sensualsavana

a year ago

My Profile has an age range, if they send a message saying they want to hook up, I politely say please read my profile as you are not in my age range that I am looking for.
    Then they persist try someone younger you might like it.
    This has happened a numerous amount of times to the point it is annoying.
    So I block them plain and simple.
    What part of I am not interested they do not understand..

• RHP User

RHP User

a year ago

I'm relatively new here and also find the 'block' a harsh way to wade through the messages and profiles - it feels mean. But please understand that women get sooooo many msgs that it's overwhelming. I don't know who I've read or checked out - often circling back and forth, and although a block sucks, it's a manageable way to deal with an overload. Plus...! It's only very rarely that any message I've received in my inbox has demonstrated that they've actually read my profile and are even closely compatible. (Just because one might be the right gender does not make them worth contacting.) This may not be you, but it's the majority of my experience.

So you may be getting caught in the admin-sweep of account maintenance(?). Just be honest on your profile and proud of who you are. Bad matches won't make you feel better.

But you are entitled to feel however you feel, and even though you're told not to take it personally, no one likes the feeling of constant rejection. Maybe you could take a little break from the Ap to protect and replenish your energy..?

• 4girlsonly

4girlsonly

a year ago

for me its quite simple, i am not seeking guys therefore there is no need for them to access my profile again,