RHP User

RHP User

M29 F28

Who actually reads peoples profiles?

May 31 2021

As a couple like many, we are looking for girls and couples only that, it got us wondering if people read accounts or just try their luck. Daily we have a lot of flirts/likes and messages from unwanted people, mostly single guys.

Our profile clearly states within the interests as well as description that we are not wanting their attention, yet they seem to ignore it.

Are you just being rude, lazy, ignorant or are we wrong in being annoyed at this?

Would love to know other peoples thoughts rather than have an argument!

Comments

• RHP User

RHP User

3 years ago

If it’s just a like then you can view it as a complimentary acknowledgment, the same as other social media. Messages and flirts are probably taking it too far but then it’s easy enough for you to just pass them by. But some dudes just don’t bother to read too much.

• RHP User

RHP User

3 years ago

As a CIS woman, I can only speak of the attention that I receive.

I find that the majority of men will read portions of my profile (non smokers, attached, age).

But they’re are soooooooo many aspects of my profile that are ignore.

Sometimes I laugh that they just ‘look at the pictures’, and other times I get annoyed.

If I was blunt and jaded, I’d say that men are rude pricks who are don’t care about women’s boundaries or rights.

If I was optimistic and perky, I’d say that men only look at pictures and can’t read.
    🤪

• RHP User

RHP User

3 years ago

I always check people's profiles. I might like a profile that is fun, sexy or funny but I wouldn't message someone who is clearly not going to be into me.

Seems like a waste of everyone's time tbh

• RHP User

RHP User

3 years ago

we always take the time to read through someone's profile and its hugely frustrating and a turn off when we receive a one word message from a couple clearly showing that they probably didn't bother to read ours. We then have to go through a tedious back and forth. Sometimes we've received messages from couples who could have been a good match but on that day we weren't in the mood for message tennis.
    Single guys on the other hand have been pretty good, We get views and sometimes likes and favs but never messages indicating they probably did read our profile.

• teamaj2

teamaj2

3 years ago

Personally , I think getting interest from those you don’t seek is just part of being on RHP . We just choose to say a polite no thank you to those that have obviously not read our profile and sent us a message . If their message is one , two or three words ,showing that they haven’t read our profile we do not respond .
    How you feel is personal to yourselves and no one can tell you it’s right or wrong . How you respond is your personal choice .
    I suppose people ( that are of no interest to you ) that like you, could be seen as a compliment. Then again , some may click ‘like’ to any profile that seems genuine.
    I agree with Miss Oliver , how I respond to unwanted attention can be mood dependant .
    The sifting process on RHP is all part of being here . We try not to take it to heart . Ax

• TheMinx

TheMinx

3 years ago

Have had lots of long initial messages from men who highlight some of my wants or ask questions regarding my journey.

I've also recently worked out that due to my age limits there's a whole other folder of non matches messages 😂

Personally I read people's profiles and only like to engage with ones that offer content and pictures that float my boat 😉

• funtimescouple1

funtimescouple1

3 years ago

We read profiles before messaging basically to make sure the couple sounds easy going like us. We aren't looking for single males but if we do get a polite message from one we will send a polite 'no thanks' back. If you get an inappropriate message just ignore it. We see no need to put 'you must be....' or 'we don't want this, we don't want that' or 'don't even ask....' in our profile. It just sounds demanding which we certainly aren't.

• RHP User

RHP User

3 years ago

I'm in so much agreement with all the responses so far. I definitely read profiles as there's no point communicating if you're not a match with the other person/people. I found it particularly frustrating when I stated clearly in my profile that I do not want dick pics or messages from cheaters, but that was routinely not respected. Unfortunately I think the replies on here will be biased as those who don't read profiles probably don't read forums either, so they won't be answering on here.

• Sawadee

Sawadee

3 years ago

I definately read a profile that is bright and breezey and a joy to read .. However ' if the profile is full of demands , no thank you. Next ?

• ecchi

ecchi

3 years ago

most likely they read it and try for the best anyway, what do they have to lose? that being said I believe you can change your settings so only matching like liked accounts can send you stuff.

• RHP User

RHP User

3 years ago

If they dont read profiles, I doubt they will be reading the forums. So dont expect any of them to answer why they do it. 🤣

• RHP User

RHP User

3 years ago

I generally read profiles In full, unless I find myself loosing interest before I’ve read it all, in which case it’s clear that the owner of the profile is not for me.
    I have sent likes to profiles that aren’t looking for single males, however in those instances it is simply because I liked their profile or it gave me a laugh. Completely intended to be nothing more and nothing less.

I on the other hand have no such problem with unwanted likes 🤦🏻‍♂️ Bahahaha

• grae_x

grae_x

3 years ago

I definitely read profiles... if someone says they aren’t interested in single guys then I don’t message them, but I do still sometimes like their profile if it pushes my buttons.

I don’t mean it as an attempt to start a conversation, it’s just a way of saying “nice profile” and I hadn’t thought it might annoy someone 😊

• Kokoflamingo

Kokoflamingo

3 years ago

Some actually do, most dont. Im not looking for attached people, couples or smokers but get a lot if messages from people who are. Its like a catalogue in a way. If you see something you like, you show interest " Add to cart". Luckily my age means Im not swamped with messages, I do feel for the younger members on here. I take it as a compliment unless the message is rude or abusive. I certainly dont get the same attention when Im stocking up on toilet rolls at Coles. :)

• Cucknshells

Cucknshells

3 years ago

Mostly I am not worried about getting short messages like "Lets meet up" or "Where in Melbourne are you" knowing they clearly have not read my profile. But then when I am in lockdown and live over 400km from the nearest case and not in the best of moods I think what the fuck. Like not only have you not read my profile but what do you expect from a message like that? Do they think I am gagging for it and will meet anyone at anytime. I just don't understand it.

Personally I always read peoples profile and if I don't meet their criteria but just want to touch base then I will say that in the message. Honestly it not rocket science.

• Obi1kenietzsche

Obi1kenietzsche

3 years ago

P.R.O.F.I.L.E:
    Precise Revelation Of Facts In-lieu (of) Enquiry.
    As a discerning gentleman, I like to read profiles for possible insights into the people behind them. That’s primarily where my interest gets piqued.
    It’s pretty clear however, that some Pieklets don’t think they need to write much (or even anything) which is fine I suppose, provided they don’t then mind all the crap questions from others trying to ascertain just what they are about, or what they actually want.
    I like to read profiles over my morning coffee, as it’s way better than reading the daily paper; heaps more bullshit than the political section, more whoppers than the real estate section, more job offers than the employment section, and often funnier than the comic section.
    Obi1.

• RHP User

RHP User

3 years ago

Who would know !

This site attracts all sorts and we cannot control the communication.

Our biggest bugbear are the couples we send a msg to and they open it but do not reply. What’s that all about?

We take the view that we have no control over other peoples profiles. Yes prefer couples who are verified as a filter.

Also how about the single guys who are guests ! Oh that’s so tempting …. NOT

We have been on and off this site for maybe 4 years. we have made friends and sometimes it’s been years between making contact and meeting and playing. But it is a bit like sifting for gold thru all the fakes and time wasters.

We can only be true to ourselves. Trying to understand others motivations online is a waste of time.

• RHP User

RHP User

3 years ago

I always read the profile. I mean, where is the sense in going after people that have clearly stated that you’re not their chosen target demographic?
    If anything I get annoyed at profiles that have generic info, the bare minimum or even no information. Unfortunately there are so many thirsty guys out there who ruin it for the guys who are decent, patient and respectful. For the thirsty ones, don’t hesitate to use that block button.
    I think one of the best things to do is when profiles have something at or near the end to tell potentials what they should quote or answer in a message so they know they’ve read the whole profile.
    Basically the quality people that you want, will read your profile.

• SexyCDforyou

SexyCDforyou

3 years ago

I always do

• RHP User

RHP User

3 years ago

There's someone right now sitting in a doctors being told to get their affairs in order, relax, be glad someone is even attracted to you. If you are lucky enough to live a long life you will hit an age where nobody is interested in you and long for the days you got to pick and choose.

• nightrain13

nightrain13

3 years ago

Be annoyed you got every right people (unwanted people) just harras and dont care they just wanna get off.. ya know id be annoyed

• cuddlemeRHP

cuddlemeRHP

3 years ago

They just don’t read the whole profile and when you see them they are like we can have sex but see other people..I mean really did you read my profile it’s just so annoying and then try and turn it around like I have the problem READ THE PROFILE what do I want

• Kokoflamingo

Kokoflamingo

3 years ago

I dont know why, but there are more and more profiles with no photos or written content. What is the point? Just as well submitting a blank sheet of paper.

• Keepitclassy6063

Keepitclassy6063

3 years ago

I have a rather long profile and yes I believe that most people who make contact don’t actually read it all. Like others, my response is always dependent on my mood at the time. Single guys? Yep get them all the time. Most get blocked immediately but some just want to say they liked the profile or photos and that’s nice. The best message I’ve had (and I’ve had it more than once) is ‘So, what are you looking for?’ Read my profile and you will see how ludicrous that question is! I love a well written detailed profile and always get excited when I open one and see an essay that I can get my teeth into.

• DonnaBrett

DonnaBrett

2 years ago

It seems a lot are too lazy to read profile details. We receive many messages from people or others hit interest in our date finder posts who have clearly not read our info otherwise they would not have bothered in the first place otherwise they'd know that we aren't interested in smokers and people who don't practice safe sex. ie: Sometimes, if required etc is not safe sex.

• RHP User

RHP User

2 years ago

Yes of course we do.