T’was the summer of my malcontent...

August 05 2022

Fictional musings regarding a disappointing “hook up”:

Year 2022:
“He was average”

Year 1840:
“He was, in the way of many men, possessed of a rudimentary intelligence, his countenance ordinary, his bearing mild, with some weakness about the shoulders, his hair the colour of ash; he spoke of the weather”
Question: Are you one for “wordsmithery” or do you like to get straight to the point when communicating on platforms such as the Pie?

Comments

• Kokoflamingo

Kokoflamingo

2 years ago

Wat U up 2 doesnt cut it for me. I like a bit of banter, someone who is articulate. It may be Pie but its still a platform for meeting people and messages do impress 😊

• RHP User

RHP User

2 years ago

I find it difficult to extrapolate my word smithery straight off the bat.
    I prefer a standard greeting like I would if meeting on the street and build the banter by bouncing off someone else’s

• countrytouch82

countrytouch82

2 years ago

But Obi was the date "meh" or was it "lit"? :P

Yes, I do try to start with the usual, normal, casual dating or street meeting type conversation, trying to show an interest in the other person and/or their general wellbeing. This is not good enough for a first message though because they may get dozens of them. So I guess the wordsmithery and eclectic choice of topics is required then. "How was your weekend" is cliche, but if talking to someone with a nearly blank profile, you have to start somewhere. (And frankly I am still honestly interested in someone's life pursuits regardless).

Perhaps once a conversation has begun, other ways of keeping stimulation/engagement are needed. That might be flirting, or it might be intellectual choice of topics, depending on what kind of connection one is seeking or how deep. I try to show I can think about things properly and dynamically, besides the fact I may have the same bodily desires as my peers.

One recent in person event I went to was a mixed, organised mingling social group. They gave tables a pre-written, thought provoking topic to talk about (and you then rotated to meet new people). Needless to say, no one was stuck for words. It worked well.

Sometimes in the nervousness of the moment (in person) words and/or thoughts can fail. Online at least you can think through things before sending. Not that it serves everyone.

• Obi1kenietzsche

Obi1kenietzsche

2 years ago

RHP guy to a mate (year 2022):
    “She was hot AF, but what’s this sugar dating bullshit? 😖”

RHP Gentleman to a close associate (year 1840):
    “Indeed, she was not in any sense unattractive, her poise and mannerisms being in all respects most agreeable, and her attentiveness regarding my good self quite undeniable.
    However, my awareness was constantly drawn to her clear disposition regarding the contents of my wallet and not my heart.”

• Ex007

Ex007

2 years ago

Well, I’m glad I don’t live in 1840.

My level of arousal and his hard cock would have grown wings and flown into the next century waiting for the PG marathon of verbal exchange to take place before the action 🤦🏼‍♀️

When a simple “would you like to fuck” would get the job done and dusted before sun up.

I think the 1840s is where it belongs.

• MsSuperFoxy

MsSuperFoxy

2 years ago

50,0000-100,000 yrs ago: Caveman speak: grunts, mumbles and points. Clubs a woman over the head and drags her by the hair to his cave.

Year 2022: Men- Still grunts, mumbles and points. Men have sex items in mancave, including a vibrating club and pulls a womens by her hair, tied to a cross and spanked.

Times have not changed that much.

Ms Foxy

• 2EssesExploring

2EssesExploring

2 years ago

Hmmm me thinks very few in the 1840’s would have had such eloquent language. Possibly more common would have been:
    “Cor blimey, thou hast loverly bosoms and such ample buttocks, will thee lay with me in this ere pig pen?”

So not much has changed. Of course with access to better education more of us can approximate the word-smithery only once reserved for the elite.

• Chevymetal

Chevymetal

2 years ago

I love the chatting side. Sex starts in your head. Building nerves and anticipation and trying to make others look for to meeting you aswell. Flirting finding out what the like and don't like. Establishing where their humour lies? Even though humour can be hard to convey through text messaging. Boundaries can be established in chat instead of waiting to some has gone past that Boundary because Boundaries were never discussed. To me I see rhp as more of platform yo connect more.
    If it's just a hook up were after we can go to club to satisfy that. That is us though.
    I'm far from a wordsmith. If you didn't know better you might say English is my second language.
    I do send essays though. Some people enjoy that, some don't. I like the detail and hearing about people and the scene.
    On the wordsmith topic though do dislike text speak and an acronym for every instance and you soend half you day on Google understanding what they are. Once again that's just me though. I will give an lol though.
    It can be so bloody frustrating getting back ther one two word answer after I've effort I've put in trying to find out about you. I'm not expecting Charles Dickens, it be hard to keep the conversation going if you nothing really given back and at some stage someone will lose interest.
    I do find the way I message does seem to received better by the woman in a relationship.
    So being true to form pretty sure this'll be an essay

• madotara69

madotara69

2 years ago

It’s what mood or state of mental health at any point of the spectrum but not limited, presents unlimited variations for the chance of reply in which limits positive pleasurable engagement saturated with the chemicals of arousal flowing nicely and steadily increasing with the curiosities piqued and that’s where the magic begins Obi, anticipation of the reply to reply beginnings of a journey fruitful romantic and greatly increases the chance with having a great fuck. Further more Obi and this is where I believe your pondering is intended for a meaning, meaning being a great fuck has potential chances an awesome fuck happens and so on from one fuck to the next becomes a works in progress maybe never reaching the best fuck imaginable and the magic is intensity with no limits and true love lust kinky and all but not limited a dirty fucker like no other you then can proudly hold standing as to maintain a good wellbeing and a sense to belong.
    But if it’s read and they have the shits, chances are if any reply it would be “fuck off” or something meaning hate and not very nice at all. Best not place the chances on the spectrum for how you feel when sending, it’s how they feel when receiving and moreover actual reading while hating the whole world blame everything else… well you just turned up at the right time, “fuck off I hate you it’s your fault fuck you’ a natural and passiby toss a coin fuck or fight encounter, keeps it all fair I suppose.
    What is a wordsmith tho ?
    Once again a very educational discussions probe.

Mado
    Mado Tara xx