Lullah

Lullah

F105

Mental health and our well being

September 24 2019

Everyone's mental health and well being is something that sometimes for many reasons one being stuff that happens in our lives goes on the back burner which can have negative consequences at some point. It's really important to try a remain mindful of the importance to always prioritize our own self care to take whatever steps each of us know what works for to take care of our mental health and our well being.It's unfortunate even though there has been an improvement about mental health ie; more articles about it, more people speaking out about there struggles with it such as sports people/personalities and of course RU' OK Day which helps bring a bit more awareness and there are other platforms that speak about it also, even so there is still a level of stigma and lack of understanding about mental health and the way it effects those that have to cope with it in their day to day lives..I have PTSD and depression I was diagnosed a while ago and now that I have a lot more understanding about the family system I grew up in it doesn't surprise me..I hope people will share perhaps a little, only if they are comfortable about their journeys and I hope that people will share links and helpful tips on what has helped them or someone they know as well as anything else that may be helpful to anyone reading and or participating in this thread..I would appreciate that if you wish to comment please be respectful and I would also appreciate and expect all not post anything adversely. .Thank you in advance everyone. :-)
#self care #support # understanding

Comments

• 73bandit

73bandit

5 years ago

Ruby Rose your a Darling. Bringing this up as I doubt most ppl actually realise the depth of said topic ? .
    Be it a minor that most will dismiss to a full blown dramas at work or a single persons own delimers at home ( Yes it can be a struggle ) Arguments with yourself etc... not to mentionALOT of people's REAL struggle.
    Be brave guys and girls and seek that help. Funnily enough most have or will without even knowing it through friends and colleagues.
    Just remember peeps , someone will listen.
    I'm happy to lend an ear

• RHP User

RHP User

5 years ago

Mental health is so important. As of late I've had work and money problems, a death of a client and parent and also each of my three children needing me for support and guidance. As a mother my kids come first so I shelve my pain and worries and help them. But I wouldn't be any good to them or me if I don't take time for myself so I'm taking a few days away om my own to reflect and regroup and just do me. I'll be getting a massage, taking a book to the beach and taking myself out for my favourite food. Sometimes you have to take time out, whether it be a day, hour or week, make it about you.

• RHP User

RHP User

5 years ago

If you don't look after your health you become vulnerable to illness. Physical and mental illness can both often be avoided by appropriate health care.

• 73bandit

73bandit

5 years ago

Thank you Happy Go Lucky for extending this issue further. By the way you look pretty amazing by the way xxx.

• precious142

precious142

5 years ago

The question needs to be asked......how have we, as a society, come to this point where so many issues are causing everyone to suffer mental health in such epic numbers? Why is there so much pressure on us to suceed financially and socially? This might be another topic to discuss...
    Back to current topic - January 2017 my world was shattered when I suddenly lost a younger brother -yes - to the dreaded depression. Coming from a large and close knit family, we all asked so many questions, found no answers but were able to comfort and console each other to ease the pain and deal with our grief.
    It took over 18 months of doctor's visits, counselling, medication etc for my life return to some sort of normality, but it was a real struggle. Even though I am seperated (geographically) from the rest om my family, I was very fortunate to get help from close friends - daily phone calls, visits and lunch dates as well as many phone calls to my other brothers.We all made apact that we would always answer each others calls, to be there for each other no matter what else was going on.NOw I ring them all once a week, just to make sure that their lives are moving forward as best they can.
    Even now, some days are a real struggle, like the recent R U OK day......and the sudden death of Danny Frawley. It took me a few days to recover, but I did, with the help of friends and long phone calls with my youngest brother.
    Part of my therapy was taking a day out - I have a close friend who was able to do a little roadtrip with me each week, drive to new place I havn't seen before, a cheap lunch and a few wines. Sitting and talking , admiring the scenery was a very therapic exercise that I am glad I was made to participate in.
    I sincerley hope that those people with issues seek any help they can , either family and close friends, but most importanly,stay in /on your treatment programme.........I am happy to help other forum readers should they need some advice or suggestions or just a chat.

P

• RHP User

RHP User

5 years ago

The best way I’ve found to manage stress and my mental health has been to simply tell cunts that need to be told, to get fucked....

Mr Dragon cos Ms Phoenix is a classy cunt 😂😂

• Missb4u

Missb4u

5 years ago

Can’t stress how important mental health is.
    I have a Teenager that once thought it might be cool to check out of life permanently thank goodness she spoke up and we were able to get help a friend of hers did not and she took her own life at 16.

A few years ago I had a complete breakdown caused by stress and terrible anxiety couldn’t leave the house for nearly three months. I fought and I got well with the support of my friends and family.
    I still suffer major social anxiety and this results in me pulling out of lots of social events that I desperately want to go to at the last minute. The stupid thing is I am perfectly fine once I get there but the getting there is sometimes impossible.
    I try to find ways to combat it like arranging to go with someone as that removes the anxiety but it’s not always possible.

If anyone ever needs to talk or text I’m up for that as I know how isolating it can sometimes be.

• Lullah

Lullah

5 years ago

begins this weekend Melbourne dates are from October 5th till Oct 11th check for the dates in your state...World Mental Health Day is on the 10th of October...Mental Health Week is part of a national mental health promotion campaign held in October each year, and incorporates World Mental Health Day, held globally on 10 October. The purpose of this awareness week is to engage communities in activities that promote mental health and well being and also raise awareness and understanding about mental illness, and how it impacts on the lives of people in our community...Mental illness quote: ”It's called a mental illness for a reason, because it is an illness. Why can't it be accepted like any other illness?.”.
    ---- HealthyPlace.com ----..Quote on mental health: “Taking care of our mental health is the smart thing to do".
    ----- HealthyPlace.com -----..Quote on mental health: “Your mental health is more important than the test, the interview, the lunch date, the meeting, the family dinner, and the grocery-run. Take care of yourself.”.
    ---- HealthyPlace,com ----

• Lullah

Lullah

5 years ago

This years theme is .Mental Health Promotion and Suicide Prevention..
    World Mental Health Day (10 October) is a day for global mental health education, awareness and advocacy against social stigma.[1] It was first celebrated in 1992 at the initiative of the World Federation for Mental Health, a global mental health organization with members and contacts in more than 150 countries.[2] This day, each October, thousands of supporters come to celebrate this annual awareness program to bring attention to mental illness and its major effects on peoples' life worldwide.[3] In some countries this day is part of an awareness week, such as Mental Health Week in Australia.[4]

..History.World Mental Health Day was celebrated for the first time on October 10 1992 at the initiative of Deputy Secretary General Richard Hunter. Up until 1994 the day had no specific theme other than general promoting mental health advocacy and educating the public.In 1994 World Mental Health Day was celebrated with a theme for the first time at the suggestion of then Secretary General Eugene Brody. The theme was “Improving the Quality of Mental Health Services throughout the World.”[5]World Mental Health Day is supported by WHO through raising awareness on mental health issues using its strong relationships with the Ministries of health and civil society organizations across the globe. WHO also supports with developing technical and communication material[6]..Wikipedia

• Lullah

Lullah

4 years ago

Respect your body when it's asking for a break...Respect your mind when it's seeking rest...Honor yourself when you need a moment for yourself.

--- pinterest ---

• Lullah

Lullah

4 years ago

We need more people who are willing to say, "I've been there, and I'm here...You can always talk to me without judgement."

---- Amy Williams ----

• Lullah

Lullah

4 years ago

what has helped to get you when your mental health has been volatile? Anything that has helped you through some unsettling times may be helpful for others who may be struggling at the mo.

• Lullah

Lullah

4 years ago

oops meant to type --- what has helped you when your mental health has been volatile?
    Quoting 'Lulah'
    what has helped to get you when your mental health has been volatile? Anything that has helped you through some unsettling times may be helpful for others who may be struggling at the mo.

• RHP User

RHP User

4 years ago

Depression, I pressed on!