Is it me?

January 19 2024

While I’m comfortable knowing that I’m not going to fit every ladies criteria it’s got me stumped why from out of maybe a dozen ladies I have messaged I get no response at all. Now I might be a simple bloke who thinks along the lines of “if I meet you down the street I would say”, and this is generally kicking off a conversation by saying Gday how’s your day been?, or the like of. One or 2 that have features that stand out to me I’ve said things like, Gday you have a great smile etc.
Now I see girls say don’t open with just hello but I have no bloody idea what it is I’m supposed to write! Bit hard to flirt with a picture of a torso 🤷‍♂️.
If anyone can offer some suggestions even if it is my profile that looks dodgy or something I’m all ears.
Thanks in advance for any advice.

Comments

• MsSuperFoxy

MsSuperFoxy

3 months ago

Hello Mr Farmer,
    I just read your profile. I did have a (LOL) 😆 at the 6 pack and Keg line. I liked that; showed your sense of humour. 👍
    The opening line, seeking FWB, IMO delete that. I can't speak on behalf of others, just my opinion: as short term, unsatisfying and meaningless with very little effort put in.
    Think like a lady, act like a man, with genuine intentions.
    Dad bods are Hot! 🔥
    Don't give up, you've stopped in at the forums. It's a great place to be.

Ms Foxy

• Felicitous

Felicitous

3 months ago

It's not you...
    On this platform no response is a 'no thanks' without the engagement.
    It happens to all on here indiscriminately.
    Why don't women engage... ?
    There are a plethora of reasons why this happens - if you search no response on the forums you'll find arguments made on both sides.
    Mainly occurs because not all take rejection well so just easier to not engage..
    If you find your message isn't even being looked at perhaps that person isn't very active on here or they are inundated with messages.
    Keep trying but don't take this aspect personally.
    Invest more time in pursuing other things that give you joy and try have fun here. Meet and greets are also supposed to be a great way to meet like-minded others.
    All the best.
    V

• RHP User

RHP User

3 months ago

There may be nothing at all you can do to your profile to gain more replies but like foxy said probably throw away the FWB even though that is what many seek the term is just off putting to many. From my experience you can send many messages with no response. So many messages to get through and so many men to choose from. A lot will also depend on how many females are within your area. I have decided not to upgrade this time around as there are very few active women in my area most females are not interested in either travelling a bit. All one can do is keep at it and hopefully a lass will notice your messages soon. Just remember they may not have even got to your message yet :)

• Ex007

Ex007

3 months ago

We your profile is short and to the point. Really well put together, I wish other man would see fit to use their own words and not the suggestion rubbish from RHP.

The cautionary aspect for me is relationship “complicated”. I’m 100% for being honest, however you may find it advantageous to add some more detail in your profile.

The human mind is a wonderful thing and it can create stories and scenarios that don’t exist. In fact, 90% of the time they wouldn’t exist at all. 

Such as your profile says it’s complicated could mean someone’s mind has created that you have a partner and she’s a psycho. So if by any chance there is some play place and get caught out, would your potential play partner be the person running down your driveway for their life.

With the magnificent Mind, creating such a scenario, it automatically says no thank you. Which becomes not a risk one is happy to take. 

Enjoy your RHP experience

Ex🐈‍⬛

• Blueflamingo

Blueflamingo

3 months ago

Your profile is great. Love the humor and honesty. No need to change anything.

For me personally, your first message should have a face picture attached and an explanation of your complicated relationship. (Many married guys cheating so you are put into that category straight away)
    A compliment is always nice, something that's related to the woman's profile. It will show you are attentive and puts in some effort, plus you've read her profile and know what she's looking for and expecting.

• Alexis

Alexis

3 months ago

Hey Mr Farmer, this is a really great question thanks for posting it.

I'll make a few observations:

- I think your profile is pretty good and will appeal to certain women. As you said, it's not going to appeal to everyone so you just need it to be seen by the right person.

- As far as your messages go, you can see if it's being ignored or hasn't been seen yet. If you go to the messages tab in the app, then click on 'other' at the top, then select 'sent messages,' it will show you all the messages you've sent without a reply. If there is a little image of their profile picture beside the message it means they've opened it and not replied, if there isn't it means they've not yet opened the message.

But if they haven't opened the message, it could be because they haven't seen it or they are just overwhelmed with messages. So it's still a bit hard to know what's going on. I think you could follow up perhaps and see if they just forgot to reply. Your situation is tricky because you are rural, so there aren't that many options like in a city.

Maybe just send a gentle reminder to some and see if they reply, but don't bombard them over and over. If they haven't replied after two messages then it's time to move on.

- You said you've sent a dozen or so messages, unfortunately this isn't really enough to get a response. I know it seems like a lot but you might have to send 50 or 60 before you get a response. Maybe try to make a paragraph or two that you can copy and paste, then adjust it a bit to each person you send to. Also remember, some of the profiles you send to might only log on once a month, or they might have made an account 4 months ago to check it out and haven't been back online since.

- As far as messages and your profile go, it can be helpful to add a bit of je ne sais quoi to it. Something a bit different and interesting, that makes you stand out from every other guy that sends out boring messages. I think your profile already has this a bit with the whole farmer thing, not many guys like that on this app. You mentioned you're including something individual in the message which is good, also give them something to respond to. Like ask a specific question beyond just 'how is your day going?'

It could be something specific to their profile that you ask (like, "where was this picture taken?") or just a question you come up with (for example, "what's your favourite cafe in town?")

- Lastly, try not to tie your sense of self worth to anything on this app. If you do, you're in to get absolutely smashed by it. Just keep sending trying and you will eventually get a response, making sure you stay respectful and stick to your own values. If you feel yourself getting frustrated by it, take a break for a bit.

Ok, I hope this helps.

Good luck!
    A

• wilburwild

wilburwild

3 months ago

I just had a look at your profile and Im no expert but it looks OK to me. I was on here a year or so ago and it was much easier to get a reply then from ladies than it seems to be now. I met 2 lovely ladies and had short satisfying FWBs with them. Its roughly 2 to 1 ratio of guys to ladies on here and if they are half good looking or have a good profile I guess they get bombarded. Keep hanging in mate!

• Therockguy

Therockguy

3 months ago

Farmer, there have been some really good ideas people have given you. If i may offer one, because of your location you should put that you are prepared to travel or at least you can host. That's if both or either are possible? If they travel to you just give them reassurance they won't be staying in a paddock but you both may end up on a bale of hay in the horse stable.
    @missfoxy i see a joke coming on. lol.
    Also, don't take anything on here personally. The forum is a great way to be active and connect with people and I will guarantee you will get some checking your profile out and initiate contact with you. All the best.