Outting a venue

July 12 2023

I saw that the owner of a very popular Swingers club has been talking to the media about their establishment. The name was mentioned but not the suburb however it’s not going to take long for people to Google etc. Whilst I know it’s the owners choice to talk about their venue, I wonder what those in the lifestyle think about this. Would they prefer things be kept discrete or are they loud and proud and don’t mind others knowing? I would hate for the venue and the patrons to be targeted now that details are wide out in the public domain. Thoughts?

Comments

• MsSuperFoxy

MsSuperFoxy

10 months ago

Bunch of Monkeys brought it on themselves.
    "club amends entry rules after backlash".
    Lol! Thats business for ya.

PFFFFT! I would never, ever send a photo prior of myself showing my face and body and holding a current day's date on a piece of paper in my hand prior, to attent. I understand why this site does, but come on, not an Adult club.

Ms Foxy
    Ps Sadly, It's now not the best swingers club in Australia.

• Chippy05

Chippy05

10 months ago

I would definitely prefer it to be more discreet. I understand it is about building a business too though. Just not sure if this niche market is made for expansion and multiple venues as they have stated.

I had the same thought Ali when I saw the article on the online Herald-Sun site.

I will definitely be more aware when leaving, I certainly don't want to see someone loitering outside with a camera.

• Cucknshells

Cucknshells

10 months ago

Lots of venues appear on tv and in the media. The couple who run a venue in Sydney are often on the Morning Show talking about it. The Friends one is just the latest to speak to the media. If people want to know about such places they only need to Google or join here and look in events. Saints and Sinners got a lot of publicity after the shooting.
    If people want to target them there is not much you can do. The venues need to promote themselves or they won’t get any business. Just my thoughts. Shells xx

• SweetSerenade

SweetSerenade

10 months ago

I think in today's world people are becoming much more accepting of various lifestyles and sexuality.
    For a lot of 'vanilla' people the curiosity is far more prevalent than judgement in my opinion.

We are open about our lifestyle with most of our friends and some of our family, and for the most part people are happy for us, some cheering for us. Any who decide they don't accept this as a normal healthy thing, well - we don't like the idea of lying about who we are or what fun we like to do just to maintain a relationship with people who would judge us negatively.

I look forward to the day clubs and lifestyle events are openly advertised and normalised, and we'll find ENM in time will become very popular. Most monogamous people I discuss enm with wish they could experience it, but social norms and not knowing how to broach the subject with a partner prevents them.

Mr Serenade.

• Flirty2020

Flirty2020

10 months ago

Are you talking about the exclusive Melbourne club that had strict entry (age & body shape) entry conditions? If so, the name of the club was mean to we in the headlines.

It would not worry us if the name was mentioned. We don’t see how the patrons would be targeted now that the club has been in the media, unless you are alluding to a pitchfork armed group hanging around outside the club so as to target patrons as they arrive & leave ?

We went to one in Elsternwick and used to quickly slip inside (through the door) whilst no one was outside ….

• CandiKane

CandiKane

10 months ago

I would say it’s all part of the whole thing becoming more socially acceptable and understood. I think they are doing us and society in general a great service by being prepared to put their faces to it and speak openly and honestly. I believe the RHP community in general have come to understand things really as they should be. We know what’s important and understand what we can and cannot control. We approach things positively rather than in fear. I believe it’s an understanding that would serve society well to understand.

• UnleashDesires

UnleashDesires

10 months ago

If you are running a house party you won’t talk to media about it nor any type of media would have time to interview you about your house party. But if you run a swingers club and the venue is established as a business, you not only talk to media about it you also use different media types and relevant public relation tactics to promote your business. Guests and perhaps your staff will still remain discreet and no one needs to know about who is attending what events but the business itself will promote itself carefully and strategically. Like you said, anyone can Google any venue now and with some basic SEO techniques you make your business visible to the public anyway. The problem that arises is usually competitors or neighbours that may protest that your business is disturbing others. Couples International in QLD was a booming swinger’s business until reports and complaints started going to council and they made some bullshit excuses to permanently shut the business.

• UnleashDesires

UnleashDesires

10 months ago

Also I can say this with certainty that no one is that stupid and desperate to go outside a venue and take photos of who is walking in and who is walking out. At least no media or even useless unemployed persons would waste their time doing that (unless they are paid by the wify to collect evidence of their cheating hubby) lol but as Australia (particularly regional areas) is still very conservative and fairly old school about this whole swinging thing jealousy or insecurity can trigger a whole range of weird actions by people outside the lifestyle or competitors, so keeping it reasonably quiet and finding alternative ways to promote the business isn’t a bad idea.